Sunday, August 8, 2010

Chicken with leek, prosciutto and mushroom in white wine sauce

The problem with taking a walk down memory lane especially when it involves food, the next day you end up craving for something! Such was the case today, all I could think about was Mum’s apple pie, so much so that when I walked into the fruit n veg shop and saw Granny Smith’s at 99 cents a kilo, I took it as an omen and swiftly grab a bag full. As I was cutting up the apples later in the day the phone rang and one of my gorgeous sisters in law was on the other end, enquiring what is for dinner tonight? I was a bit dumbfounded as I hadn’t really thought about dinner at all, I had taken some chicken breast out of the freezer to defrost but that was as far as I got, the pie had taken precedence over everything else. Anyway the pie turned out real nice, so much so I am now regretting the fact, as I could not help myself but to go back for seconds, it is still not as good as my Mum’s, but it is getting closer.

Once I had the apple pie in the oven, I did turn my attention to dinner and after taking a quick look in the fridge come up with chicken with leek, prosciutto and mushroom in white wine sauce, served with fettuccini and a salad. It actually turned out pretty good, Jo wanted to know which book the recipe had come from, so I was chuffed about that. Chicken with leek, prosciutto and mushroom in white wine sauce, is one of those meals that sort of happen according to what needs to be used up in the fridge. Both the leek and prosciutto were left over from something I did a couple of nights back and the mushies where there as Jo had brought them thinking they would come in handy somewhere, they did tonight.



1st or 2nd serve??? not sure now!

No comments:

Post a Comment