Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sausage and capsicum pappardelle


Found this recipe on Gourmet Traveller and it is a rather good one. I was especially attracted to this recipe because of the ingredients, firstly the pork sausage and then the roasted capsicum. I love anything with roasted capsicum in it and matching it with pork sausages was a big plus. I have not had pappardelle before, it is what I would call ribbon pasta, it is a bit like fettuccini but about twice as thick, apparently Pappardelle pasta origins are in the Tuscany region of Italy. I used the thick Italian sausages, I get them from our local IGA in Cedric St and they are the nicest sausages I have ever eaten, the flavour is awesome but not over the top as many seem to be, they went fantastic in this.  Will be looking forward to my lunch tomorrow!



You can find the recipe here http://gourmettraveller.com.au/sausage_and_capsicum_pappardelle.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment