Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Ginger and soy pork with fried rice and bok choy

I have always been fond of honey soy pork, but have never really knocked it on the scone like I would have liked, after cooking this recipe from Gourmet Traveller tonight, I now know I have not been putting in enough honey and my method of cooking has not been quite right.  That is all sorted now, as this recipe has sorted that out, the pork was spot on. We finished dinner almost an hour ago, but Jo is still walking around saying how wonderful the house smells, thanks to the ginger and garlic in the honey soy sauce and I guess a little bit is due to the fresh herbs I added right at the last moment to the fried rice, it did smell fantastic.
The pork fillet was so tender and juicy and the flavour of the ginger honey and soy really was to die for.  Actually the food must have smelt great to the passing traffic too, as my son was driving home up the freeway and made a detour to Dad’s, just in time to sit for dinner, some people get it good don’t they?
The GT recipe had this teamed up with steamed rice, which would go very nicely with it, but I wanted to use up some bits and pieces so I made fried rice and it went just as well with it, there is none left so I know it was not too bad!  Have to say I loved the steamed bok choy too, added a great crunch factor to the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment